- 9.30am to 5.00pm
- Everyday except Christmas Day.
The Symbio TAFE Vocational Placement Program is designed to assist those looking for a career within the zoo keeping industry. This vocational placement is a volunteer based placement, and our vocational students are given an invaluable insight into the daily running of a wildlife park.
Within the program you can work with our dedicated zoo keepers, from whom you can gain knowledge, and develop your own professional and personal skills. Our vocational placement students are an important part of the team, and we welcome their involvement and enthusiasm.
Whilst members of our vocational placement program are not guaranteed employment at Symbio Wildlife Park or within the zoo keeping industry, available positions are often first considered to those who show a strong work ethic and commitment to wildlife conservation.
If you are studying or enrolling for TAFE Animal Studies or Captive Animal certificates, and are enthusiastic, reliable, dedicated to conservation and enjoy working outdoors, you may be just what we are looking for. Our program is offered for up to 12 months per placement, where you will learn captive animal husbandry with some of our amazing and interesting animals.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OUR TAFE VOCATIONAL PLACEMENT PROGRAM
To be a TAFE Vocational Placement volunteer at Symbio we ask for applicants to meet the following:
Due to NSW law, any person working with children is required to have a Working with Children Check. This can be completed at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au. This will be free of charge if you state you are a volunteer.
1. Submit an online application.
2. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
3. Successful applicants will be contacted to organise a short interview.
4. Successful interviewees will be contacted to organise a four week trail period.
5. Those completing a four week trial period are to provide;
– Relevant vaccination records.
– 2x passport photos
– A $100.00 payment to cover the costs of uniforms, relevant application checks, training and administration costs. This payment is non refundable.
6. Following a successful trial period, you will continue our TAFE Vocational Placement Program.