Stages 1-3 (years k-6)
Immerse yourself in the world’s oldest surviving culture in a day jam packed with fun activities! We start with a live interactive animal presentation where students will explore the connection to native Australian animals. Following an acknowledgement to country students will observe tools, weapons and artefacts. Students will then explore Symbio Wildlife Park on a guided tour followed by fun games and athletic activities. So why wait?
Key inquiry questions answered
- Who lived here first and how do we know?
- Identify the special relationship that Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples have to Country and Place
- Identify the original Aboriginal languages spoken in the local area
- What was life like for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples before the arrival of the Europeans?
- Identify beliefs, food, shelter, weapons, tools, ceremonies, art work, dance and music
- What was the nature and consequence of contact between Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples and early traders, explorers and settlers?
- Discuss the impact of settlement on local Aboriginal peoples and the environment
- Students will compete in teams to win The Ranger Jamie Olympics designed to reinforce information taught.
- Students are engaged in a variety of activities such as petting and feeding a variety of native & farmyard animals, guided zoo tour, Amazing race, basket weaving, draw totems, and experience body paint made from clay known as Ocre.
• GoPro Video of excursion
• Photo Poster of your class
• Completed risk assessment
Price: $20.00 per student + GST
(GST can be claimed back in its entirety)
– Price excludes Transport
– Minimum Charge of x25 Students