The team at Symbio have been working tirelessly to put in place a range of measures and changes to ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and animals.
Below you will find the answers to most of the commonly asked questions, which include details about changes to the standard Symbio experience, measures in place and our practices.
FAQ’s – Visiting Symbio Wildlife Park during COVID-19
What Are The Cleaning/ Health Practices Symbio Wildlife Park Has Implemented?
- We are encouraging online purchasing of tickets prior to visit
- Customer service staff will be wearing gloves for taking payment (cashless preferred) and limiting hand to hand exchanges.
- Regular advanced cleans are being done all throughout the park, especially on common surfaces/areas
- Health Screens are conducted daily for employees and volunteers
- Health Screens are conducted for guests who are displaying flu-like symptoms
- Picnic tables have been spread apart to maintain physical distancing between groups
- Floor markings have been laid to promote social distancing and this message is reinforced via daily reminders
- We request all guests practice physical distancing and enforce this for our employees and volunteers.
- Signage covering social distancing and hygiene practices have been posted around the park
- No happy snaps, keeper presentations, encounters and parties are currently being held to ensure physical distancing can be maintained.
- Sneeze Guards have been installed to minimise the risk of transmission of Covid-19 between employees and customers.
- Face Masks have been supplied to employees who enter dingoes, cheetah, primate enclosures for the animals protection.
- Full PPE has been made available for First Aid Officers who are required to administer treatment.
Will You Have Hand Sanitising & Washing Stations?
- Yes. We have both hand washing and sanitizing stations around the park. The number of sanitizing stations have been increased and are positioned at various key locations across the Park, such as: at entry, exit and all amenity blocks.
- You can also purchase personal bottles of sanitizer upon entry and in our gift shop.
Will Daily Shows Still Take Place?
- Instead of daily shows, we will be increasing our Zookeeper engagement throughout the day around the entire zoo!
- To assist with social distancing, all shows, happy snaps, parties, behind-the-scenes experiences and mobile Zoo2U will be suspended until further notice.
Are There Any Restricted Areas That Are Unable to Be Visited/ Utilised?
- The only restricted areas are gaining access through our behind-the-scenes experiences.
How Will People Know About Symbio Wildlife Parks New Practices When Visiting?
- Additional signage has been posted around the park to remind visitors about best practice for hand washing and use of hand sanitizer, as well as informing visitors of the measures we are taking to protect the health of our visitors, staff and animals
- Floor markers for queues and indoor areas to indicate 1.5m have been installed to assist with social distancing
Have Staff At Symbio Wildlife Park Had COVID Training?
- Staff and volunteers have taken part in comprehensive COVID-19 training, covering topics including good hygiene and cleaning practices as well as First Aid and all relevant government recommendations regarding Covid-19.
COVID-19 and Animals
- According to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, at this time, there is no evidence that animals play a significant role in spreading the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Based on the limited information available to date, the risk of animals spreading COVID-19 to people is considered to be low.
- We are still learning about this virus, but it appears that it can spread from people to animals in some situations. It is for this reason that our keepers wear masks and in some cases, even gloves when dealing with certain species that may be more susceptible to infection such as monkeys.
How Can I/ My Family Stop the Spread When Visiting Symbio?
Wash your hands:
- Please wash your hands frequently with soap and water and familiarize yourself with best practice for hand washing
- It is important to wash your hands before and eating, touching animals and touching surfaces
Maintain social distancing:
- Protect yourself and others by maintaining a distancing of 1.5m between yourself and others
- Educate children about the importance of keeping a distance from others
Use your card instead of cash:
- Where possible, we would appreciate the use of card payment instead of cash at reception, gift shop and kiosk. Cash will still be accepted if you cannot use your card
- We have also implemented the practice of self-service shopping bags at the gift shop checkout
Download the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe App:
- The Australian Government has released a smartphone app to aid in COVID-19 contact tracing. Symbio Wildlife Park recommends that you download this app before visiting us.
- Download the COVIDSafe App on the Apple App Store for iOS or Google Play Store for Android.
- For more information about the COVIDSafe App, please visit gov.au
What happens if I arrive to Symbio with flu-like symptoms?:
- Staff will ask you a number of screening questions and may also record your temperature. Unless you can provide recent confirmation that you have been tested and the results are negative for COVID-19, if you are unwell, we will respectfully ask you to return again another day when you are feeling better and honour your ticket(s) then.
- Please respect the health and well-being of our visitors, our staff and animals and stay home and enjoy your day at Symbio when you are feeling 100%.
- Pre-Purchased Entry Tickets are valid for 12 months so in this instance, you will still have plenty of time for them to be used.
Relax & enjoy your day!
We cannot wait to see you all again as you reconnect with family and friends getting wild here at Symbio.