Park Map & Facilities
Symbio is set on 16 acres of picturesque gardens and natural bushland, and as such we have a variety of beautiful green spaces where you can enjoy a picnic with your friends and family.
You can choose to bring along your picnic blanket or have lunch under one of our three covered areas with fixed tables and chairs.
There are no barbeque facilities on-site, but guests are more than welcome to bring small portable gas barbeques (max 9kg gas bottle) with them to utilise for their picnics. Please note that one of our covered areas – the Picnic Shelter – is available for group hire at a cost, and as such may be reserved for the day.
Visitors are also more than welcome to bring their own food and non-alcoholic drinks. Alcohol is not permitted within Zoo grounds outside of a catered for event.
Our kiosk is open daily and offers a wide range of hot and cold café and take-away style foods. Some of the delicious items available are wraps, Turkish rolls, burgers, fresh salads, sandwiches, hot pastries, hot chips, hot dogs, ice-creams, soft drinks and sweets.
The Splash Park is open all year-round and is the perfect place for the kids cool off under the dump buckets, water squirters, fountains and many more water based additions. Completely safe and all inclusive, all ages are able to have fun and play in this space.
Set amongst the tree in the South-West corner of Symbio is the brand new dry playground. With two flying foxes, heaps of swings, climbing walls, fortness, slides and in ground trampolines its the perfect place for the the children to burn off some steam whilst the parents relax.
Symbio has allocated disabled parking at the closest available spots near park entry. This is to make entry and exit more accessible.
Accessibility is improved by:
– Wide entry gates
– layout of our property being on a very gentle slope
– majority of the pathways being paved
– brand new all-accessible amenities block
– all new enclosures being designed with accessibility in mind
* Please Note – due to some pathways around our park being gravel, we do suggest having an able-bodied adult accompany visitors who need a wheelchair to ensure these pathways or the grassed lawns of the Kangaroo Walk-Through area does not inhibit their experience.
After you have experienced everything that Symbio has to offer, you can finish off your day in our gift shop which has everything from toys, backpacks, books and clothing, through to an extensive range of Symbio and Australian souvenir items.
You can also upgrade your day’s entry ticket to become a Season Pass Member at exit and we will take your entry price off the cost of the Season Pass.. This will give you 12 months of unlimited visits to Symbio to experience the fun over, and over, and over again.
We will respond as promptly to your inquiry as we can, usually within 48 hours.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Are you open today? Yes. We are open every day of the year (except Christmas Day) from 9.30am – 5pm. Our hours do not change on public holidays, or any other day.
- How much is entry to Symbio? Please click on the get tickets button to see all prices!
- My gift voucher has expired can I still use it? Symbio Gift Vouchers & Gift Cards are valid for three years from the date of purchase. If your card has expired and it has been three years since purchase, then unfortunately it is no longer valid for use here at Symbio.
- I received an entry ticket as a present but it has expired, can I still use it? Entry tickets are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. If your entry ticket has expired, then unfortunately it is no longer valid for use here at Symbio.
- COVID – I have to self-isolate and cannot make my booking (party, behind-the-scenes, junior keeper camp), can I change dates? With the ever changing landscape around COVID-19, as long as you advise us prior to the time of booking, we can work with you on alternative dates.
- Is my Season Pass still valid? Your Season Pass is valid for 12months. We added 15 weeks to all Season Passes to cover the time we closed during the Covid-19 lockdown. Example: If your pass was set to expire on 1 October 2021, it now expired on 14 January 2022
- DINE & DISCOVER VOUCHERS – I am having trouble redeeming my Discover Voucher online! Not a problem!
– If you are having trouble redeeming it online, simply show it at entry and we can process it in person.
– If you have redeemed it online and have not received your email with your $25 Discount Code, please check your Junk and Spam emails first.
– If you are having trouble redeeming the $25 Discount Code you received via email in our Online checkout, please ensure you are using the code found below the QR Code and not your Service NSW Discover CODE.
– It isn’t allowing me to redeem additional tickets! You can only redeem one voucher per person, per pay, per business. To redeem a second voucher, please try again tomorrow.
– My friend sent me a screenshot of their Discover Voucher to use and it isn’t working? That is is because Service NSW App updates their Alphanumerical Codes associated with Discover Vouchers every ten minutes to alleviate sharing of Discover Vouchers between family and friends.
- ACCEPTING ANIMALS – I have a pet that needs a new home can I bring it in? Due to quarantine and safety measures in place to ensure our animals remain disease-free, no we do not accept pets, or unwanted animals here at Symbio.
- INJURED ANIMALS – I found an injured animal on the road can I bring it in? Please take the animal to your closest vet. We do not have veterinary services on-site.
If your enquiry hasn’t been answered above, is urgent in nature, or regarding bookings please contact our Guest Services Team who are available on;
Ph: (02) 4294 1244
International: +61 2 4294 1244
Or fill out the contact form below!
7-11 Lawrence Hargrave Dr, Helensburgh NSW 2508
Open daily: 9:30am – 5pm except Christmas Day
Media and Marketing inquiries only
Marketing and Creative Services Manager
Ph: (02) 4294 1244
Please note: Sponsorship/Donation Requests are not to be sent to the Marketing Manager
For all Sponsorship/Donation Requests please follow the below link: