Park Map & Facilities
Symbio is set on 16 acres of picturesque gardens and natural bushland, and as such we have a variety of beautiful green spaces where you can enjoy a picnic with your friends and family.
You can choose to bring along your picnic blanket or have lunch under one of our three covered areas with fixed tables and chairs.
There are no barbeque facilities on-site, but guests are more than welcome to bring small portable gas barbeques (max 9kg gas bottle) with them to utilise for their picnics. Please note that one of our covered areas – the Picnic Shelter – is available for group hire at a cost, and as such may be reserved for the day.
Visitors are also more than welcome to bring their own food and non-alcoholic drinks. Alcohol is not permitted within Zoo grounds outside of a catered for event.
Our kiosk is open daily and offers a wide range of hot and cold café and take-away style foods. Some of the delicious items available are wraps, Turkish rolls, burgers, fresh salads, sandwiches, hot pastries, hot chips, hot dogs, ice-creams, soft drinks and sweets.
The Splash Park is open all year-round and is the perfect place for the kids cool off under the dump buckets, water squirters, fountains and many more water based additions. Completely safe and all inclusive, all ages are able to have fun and play in this space.
Set amongst the tree in the South-West corner of Symbio is the brand new dry playground. With two flying foxes, heaps of swings, climbing walls, fortness, slides and in ground trampolines its the perfect place for the the children to burn off some steam whilst the parents relax.
Symbio has allocated disabled parking at the closest available spots near park entry. This is to make entry and exit more accessible.
Accessibility is improved by:
– Wide entry gates
– layout of our property being on a very gentle slope
– majority of the pathways being paved
– brand new all-accessible amenities block
– all new enclosures being designed with accessibility in mind
* Please Note – due to some pathways around our park being gravel, we do suggest having an able-bodied adult accompany visitors who need a wheelchair to ensure these pathways or the grassed lawns of the Kangaroo Walk-Through area does not inhibit their experience.
After you have experienced everything that Symbio has to offer, you can finish off your day in our gift shop which has everything from toys, backpacks, books and clothing, through to an extensive range of Symbio and Australian souvenir items.
You can also upgrade your day’s entry ticket to become a Season Pass Member at exit and we will take your entry price off the cost of the Season Pass.. This will give you 12 months of unlimited visits to Symbio to experience the fun over, and over, and over again.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – BOOKING SYSTEM ISSUE (refunded amounts, re-drawn funds)
It has been identified there was an issue with our booking system provider whereby all online purchases were incorrectly refunded between the period of 05th December – 25th December 2022. If you see what is perceived as a refund in your bank account, and/or a secondary redraw, please note that this is the sale being activated again and is not Symbio Wildlife Park taking additional money from your account, nor a cyber security concern.
Your personal credit card information is not stored by Symbio Wildlife Park at any stage through the transaction.
We can confirm that tickets, gift cards, and bookings, purchased within this period have all remained active, and there is nothing additional that needs to be complete.
For further information, or if you require further support surrounding this matter, please email our Guest Services team at; firstname.lastname@example.org
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
PLEASE READ THIS PRIOR TO SUBMITTING ENQUIRIES!
- Are you open today? Yes. We are open every day of the year (except Christmas Day) from 9.30am – 5pm. Our hours do not change on public holidays or any other day.
- How much is entry to Symbio? Please click on the get tickets button to see all prices!
- My gift voucher has expired can I still use it? Symbio Gift Vouchers & Gift Cards are valid for three years from the date of purchase. If your card has expired and it has been three years since purchase, then unfortunately it is no longer valid for use here at Symbio.
- I received an entry ticket as a present but it has expired, can I still use it? Entry tickets are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. If your entry ticket has expired, then unfortunately it is no longer valid for use here at Symbio.
- COVID – I have tested positive for COVID what do I do? (party, behind-the-scenes, junior keeper camp), can I change the dates? With the ever-changing landscape around COVID-19, as long as you advise us prior to the time of booking, we can work with you on alternative dates.
- Is my Season Pass still valid? Your Season Pass is valid for 12 months. We added 15 weeks to all Season Passes to cover the time we closed during the Covid-19 lockdown. Example: If your pass was set to expire on 1 October 2022, it now expired on 14 December 2022
- ACCEPTING ANIMALS – I have a pet that needs a new home can I bring it in? Due to quarantine and safety measures in place to ensure our animals remain disease-free, no we do not accept pets or unwanted animals here at Symbio.
- INJURED ANIMALS – I found an injured animal on the road can I bring it in? Please take the animal to your closest vet. We do not have veterinary services on-site.
If your inquiry hasn’t been answered above, is urgent in nature, or regarding bookings please contact our Guest Services Team who are available on;
Ph: (02) 4294 1244
International: +61 2 4294 1244
Or fill out the contact form below!
7-11 Lawrence Hargrave Dr, Helensburgh NSW 2508
Open daily: 9:30am – 5pm except Christmas Day
For all Sponsorship/Donation Requests please follow the below link: