Funnel-Web Spider Drop Off Point
Symbio Wildlife Park are proud to announce we are now working as a Sydney and South Coast Funnel-Web Spider drop off point for our friends at the Australian Reptile Park.
If you find a Funnel-Web spider around your home, the first thing you need to do is make sure that everyone is safe. If you have the ability to safely collect the spider, you can bring it up to Symbio or any other drop off point, where it will then be transported to the Australian Reptile Park for use within their life saving anti-venom program.
How to safely collect a spider!
The safest way to collect a funnel-web spider is by using either a long stick, ruler or other object of length and gently persuading it into a secure container. This can either be a sturdy Tupperware container with snap tight/screw top lid, or even a jar with screw top lid. Glass jars may be used, though it is usually safer to stick to sturdy plastic containers, to alleviate any dangers of dropping the jar or it breaking during transport, causing the spider to escape.
Once the spider is secure, you can bring it to Symbio Wildlife Park and we will take the spider into care until transfer to the Australian Reptile Park.
* Below information provided by the Australian Reptile Park
What you need to know about spiders
There are five spiders that regularly cause concern to members of the public in this area. Of these only the funnel-webs and red-backs are currently considered dangerous though there are others, such as mouse spiders, which are rarely encountered but potentially dangerous. Any spider larger in size than a dollar coin should be treated with respect, as all spiders have venom glands, though only the large species have fangs able to puncture human skin.
The following safety rules apply to all spiders:
- Do not leave clothes, shoes, towels, etc. on the floor
- Check shoes before putting them on
- Do not walk about at night without footwear
- Do not handle spiders that appear to have drowned in pools, buckets, etc.
- Wear gloves when gardening or working outside
For more information on identification of spiders, click here
- Keep the bite victim calm and immobile.
- For a funnel-web bite, apply a pressure-immobilization bandage to the bite site and the adjacent limb. For example, a bite on the finger should be treated by bandaging the entire arm. Further restrict movement by applying a splint.
- For a red-back bite, the only first aid required is the application of an ice pack to the bite site to reduce the pain.
- Seek emergency medical assistance immediately.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – BOOKING SYSTEM ISSUE (refunded amounts, re-drawn funds)
It has been identified there was an issue with our booking system provider whereby all online purchases were incorrectly refunded between the period of 05th December – 25th December 2022. If you see what is perceived as a refund in your bank account, and/or a secondary redraw, please note that this is the sale being activated again and is not Symbio Wildlife Park taking additional money from your account, nor a cyber security concern.
Your personal credit card information is not stored by Symbio Wildlife Park at any stage through the transaction.
We can confirm that tickets, gift cards, and bookings, purchased within this period have all remained active, and there is nothing additional that needs to be complete.
For further information, or if you require further support surrounding this matter, please email our Guest Services team at; email@example.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
PLEASE READ THIS PRIOR TO SUBMITTING ENQUIRIES!
- Are you open today? Yes. We are open every day of the year (except Christmas Day) from 9.30am – 5pm. Our hours do not change on public holidays or any other day.
- How much is entry to Symbio? Please click on the get tickets button to see all prices!
- My gift voucher has expired can I still use it? Symbio Gift Vouchers & Gift Cards are valid for three years from the date of purchase. If your card has expired and it has been three years since purchase, then unfortunately it is no longer valid for use here at Symbio.
- I received an entry ticket as a present but it has expired, can I still use it? Entry tickets are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. If your entry ticket has expired, then unfortunately it is no longer valid for use here at Symbio.
- COVID – I have tested positive for COVID what do I do? (party, behind-the-scenes, junior keeper camp), can I change the dates? With the ever-changing landscape around COVID-19, as long as you advise us prior to the time of booking, we can work with you on alternative dates.
- Is my Season Pass still valid? Your Season Pass is valid for 12 months. We added 15 weeks to all Season Passes to cover the time we closed during the Covid-19 lockdown. Example: If your pass was set to expire on 1 October 2022, it now expired on 14 December 2022
- ACCEPTING ANIMALS – I have a pet that needs a new home can I bring it in? Due to quarantine and safety measures in place to ensure our animals remain disease-free, no we do not accept pets or unwanted animals here at Symbio.
- INJURED ANIMALS – I found an injured animal on the road can I bring it in? Please take the animal to your closest vet. We do not have veterinary services on-site.
If your inquiry hasn’t been answered above, is urgent in nature, or regarding bookings please contact our Guest Services Team who are available on;
Ph: (02) 4294 1244
International: +61 2 4294 1244
Or fill out the contact form below!
7-11 Lawrence Hargrave Dr, Helensburgh NSW 2508
Open daily: 9:30am – 5pm except Christmas Day
For all Sponsorship/Donation Requests please follow the below link: